Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house as quickly as possible in Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County.” The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of these homeowners sell their property quickly because we’re actively buying houses in Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County Georgia right now!
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you wind up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. It doesn’t have to be this way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County Georgia house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us for a no cost, no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know current market value, you can decide a time frame for selling.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than originally listed. Decide how fast you need to sell your house and how long you can make 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste time. Every month costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell…we are a reputable local house buyer, and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible, but one thing many people forget to do is estimate the cost to hold onto a property. Costs include mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment is allocated to interest), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). These expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non- equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for $200,000… it costs you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent) totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, stress, opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. What if you sold your house next week and avoid such cost and hassle? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000), you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW to an investor vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide…take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County Georgia agent. If you’d rather expedite the sale and avoid agent commissions, then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by listing at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is JT Palm & Associates LLC And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County home owners who need to sell fast for a multitude of reasons.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons such as probate, foreclosure, conflict, etc.
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County real estate, so please feel free to call us at (770) 685-6570 and chat with us anytime.