Do you have a Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County Georgia house that’s in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the Georgia foreclosure process want to get out from under that burdensome house and wonder if they can sell. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you start, the better. Additionally, it IS possible to work with an investor who can bring your mortgage current and manage future payments in order to limit the damage to your credit profile.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County? – How it works
There are a lot of folks in Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way that they deal with foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you avoid foreclosure by selling your property, or better yet bringing your mortgage current and fulfilling the terms of the loan. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. And, don’t overlook the option of having an investor manage your mortgage. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the fewer options are available to you.
If you’re looking to sell your Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County house in foreclosure fast, call us now.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County and the whole state of Georgia get out of difficult situations like foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe, bring your loan current and manage payments, and possibly even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near Walton, Newton, Gwinnett & Rockdale County, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.